"The Monastery of Metamorfosi tou Sotiros" Kimi Off The Beaten Path Tip by greekcypriot
Kimi Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Approximately 5 km northeast of Kimi and below the Byzantine Castle of the 11th century stands the stone built Monastery of Metamorfosi, built in the heart of a lush, wooded hill.
The creation of the monastery dates to the 16th century.
On either side of the main entrance one can still see the embrasures, used in the past for the defence of the monastery. On the left-hand side of the courtyard there is a fountain with crystal-clear waters.
Today the monastery is inhabited by nuns who are engaged in hagiography and embroidery with gold thread. They also operate a handicraft exhibition.
The monastery holds festivities on August 6th and December 20th every year.
More Off The Beaten Path in Kimi (1)
More Reviews (28)
- See All Hiliadou Beach
- See All Kymi and the Hospitality of the Locals
- A beach front Night club
- See All Cocoon Designs from Kymi
- See All From Kymi to Alonisos and Skopelos
- Don't Step an Echinus!
- See All The Byzantine Church of Agios Dimitrios
- Sea-Food can be Really Expenisve !
- See All Greek Local (Mezedes)
- A JEWEL NEAR THE PORT OF KYMI !
- See All The Best Spinach Pies are Made in Evia!
- Your Camera is a Must Here in Kymi!