"They left us out in the cold and then charged us!" Top 5 Page for this destination Apollo Guest House Tip by grrr2

Apollo Guest House, Hastings: 37 reviews and 1 photos

It pains me to write ill of anyone, but I comfort myself with the understanding that my experience with this hotel may be replicated with someone else if I do not share my story. The hotel asks you to denote a time when you will arrive, as they do not have full time staff and if you are late they warn you that you may have to wait. We got there within ten minutes of our predetermined arrival time. No one was there. We waited, went to the Dominoes next door, and called, returned, waited outside the door, returned to Dominoes called, etc. for over two hours. When it became apparent that we were not going to be getting into our room and that it was getting very late we left to find another place. As it was high season all of the places we passed were booked. We, two women, walked for over an hour through an unfamiliar city at night because we had been left out in the cold. When we tried to figure out what happened the following day we were told that the manger had been out to dinner during that time and the neighbors reported us not getting there until after nine and therefore we did not deserve a refund in their eyes. We were there at 7! We have gone back and forth with them (we writing letters and they responded with prewritten letters about their cancellation policies). In the end we are charged the full amount for of the worst experiences we have ever had traveling. Beware the Apollo House. That night we ended up at the Grand Hotel and I highly recommend that place. IT saved us!

Address: 25 Cambridge Gardens, Hastings, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1424 444394
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.apolloguesthouse.co.uk/

• Updated Aug 19, 2010

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Hastings?