Dish: "Former Midwood P. O. Dish(es) out great food" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Restaurant Tip by etfromnc

Charlotte Restaurants: 184 reviews and 94 photos

You certainly can!
When I was growing up, 1220 Thomas Avenue was home to a United States Post Office. There have been renovations but essentially the same building now houses a very nice, but flashy and loud family restaurant. The building has been painted a bright yellow with scattered veggies adding to the indoor and outdoor decor. The loudness is more from the music than the customers and seems to be consistently inconsistent. The food is, however, very good, although relatively plain and simple.

Favorite Dish: Chicken and dumplings is one of my favorite dishes when it is properly prepared but, excluding the ones prepared by my grandmother, I have eaten more bad ones than good ones. Way tooooo often, the dumplings are too greasey, too slick, undercooked, too soupy, or you need a microscope to find the chicken. Dish did not equal the ones my grandmother made but she is in heaven now so I suppose that I will have to keep them in mind when I want good chicken and dumplings. Although I love sweet potatoes and am well pleased that they are showing up more frequently on menus in recent days, they will not be my choice of a vegetable next time. They were much too stringy. The biscuit which was served with my meal was also delicious but was a bit superfluous with the dumplings.

Address: 1220 Thomas Avenue
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Plaza-Midwood, just off of Central Avenue between The Plaza and Pecan Avenue.
Phone: (704)344-0343
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: American

• Updated Aug 17, 2010

etfromnc Used To Live Here!

“Too blessed to be stressed”

Have you been to Charlotte?