Pasqualigo: "Go for the pasta - amazing sauces!" Pasqualigo Tip by Jefie

Pasqualigo, Venice: 2 reviews and 7 photos

On the sidewalk terrace at Pasqualigo
      On the sidewalk terrace at Pasqualigo
    by Jefie
      Pasta al pesto & gnocchi al ragu
    by Jefie

To walk from our hotel to Piazza San Marco, we usually walked along Strada Nova, the city's longest and busiest street. There are quite a few restaurants located on Strada Nova, so on our second evening we decided to try one. After looking at the different menus, Pasqualigo seemed like the most interesting one, but their sidewalk terrace was quite full. However, as soon as they saw us hovering around, the staff immediately offered to bring out a table for us so we didn't even have to wait to be seated. We really enjoyed the atmosphere at the restaurant - of course, it was quite touristy, but it was fun to watch people from all around the world go by on Strada Nova. For dinner I ordered gnocchi al ragu, and it was the best meat sauce I got to taste during my trip to Italy! Sylvain ordered pasta al pesto and again, the pesto sauce was so good, I just couldn't stop dipping some bread in it when he wasn't looking :o) Portions were not very big - at least, not compared with what we're used to in North America - but it only meant we were actually able to finish our plates, and the price was right for it. Along with a liter of house wine, it all made for another very satisfying meal in Venice!

Address: Strada Nova, 2288
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated Aug 15, 2010

• Jun 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Please read the comments on this restaurant on tripadvisor. I was just there today and had one of the worst experience at a restaurant. Careful about this restaurant everyone.

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Have you been to Venice?