"Science, history, art" Combined Suggestions Tip by Durfun
Combined Suggestions, London: 14 reviews and 16 photos
Right, there's the Science Museum & Natural History museum, both in South Kensington. The Victoria & Albert museum beside the NHM has art & crafts.
So, if you're staying in that neighbourhood, the kids can spend as long as they want in them, as these museums are BIG! Choose from Gloucester Road, High Street Kensington, etc.
For history, the best museum is the British Museum, near Holborn/Tottenham Court Road, slightly north from the earlier ones.
As for art, first of all there's the National Gallery off Trafalgar Square - again massive, holding arts from all the Masters & more. Tours are available.
You will be going around the Southbank for sure, not far from Tower bridge. Right opposite St Paul's cathedral is Tate Modern - a really cool art gallery with quirky stuff.
Best of all, the above places are free to visit!!
London has so much to offer, you guys could never get bored :-)
Directions: South Kensington, Holborn, Charring Cross, Waterloo
More Things to Do in London (48)
More Reviews (67)
- See All In the airport itself !
- See All Very Chic Chinese
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels