"Terrazza - Hidden Gem" Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel Tip by dieseldane

Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice: 2,663 reviews and 12 photos

We didnt actually stay at the Hotel Danieli but we did go up to the rooftop Terrazza late afternoon for a bottle of champagne overlooking the water. The terrace is open between 3pm and 6/7pm for drinks and it is a lovely quiet spot to soak up the view without breaking the bank on a full meal. The hotel concierge directed us to the lift at the back of the hotel lobby (dont be put off by the signs saying "hotel guests only beyond this point"). We hadnt made a reservation and we were worried that it might be full but there were only 6 other people there, enjoying a drink and the views aswell. The maitre d' was attentive without being overbearing and he filled our champagne glasses each time. He brought us 3 different types of complimentary nuts and snacks (he even returned with more when we polished off the first lot!). Our bill came to 85 euros and there was no compulsory service charge or tip added (although we did tip him). This was a highlight of our 4 night trip to Venice and after enjoying our champagne my hubby and I strolled down to St Marks Square to listen to the wonderful violinsts and we felt like lovestruck teenagers again. I admit to having a tear in my eye - I'm not sure if that was the effects of the champagne or because of the wonderful tunes being played! If you want to enjoy a romantic drink with a loved one, give St Marks a miss and go to the Danieli Terrazza instead. You can always walk back down to St Marks afterwards and enjoy the music and the ambience with the masses but the Terrazza is a real hidden gem. Pricey but priceless!

Address: Riva Degli Schiavoni 4196, Castello, Venice, Veneto, 30122, Italy
Phone: +39 041 522 6480
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.danielihotelvenice.com

• Written Aug 12, 2010

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.