Ristorante Antico Bucchero: "The best meal of our Italian trip" Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Restaurant Tip by Bunsch

Orvieto Restaurants: 24 reviews and 32 photos

The various guides had suggested that if we wanted to splurge, Antico Bucchero would be a good place to do so. There was lovely shaded seating outside, but it was such a very hot day that we opted for the air conditioned comfort of an indoor table. (There are a few steps to navigate if you are dining inside.) We had a marvelously attentive waiter, who promptly arrived with some excellent, crisp Classico wine -- after we'd each guzzled nearly a liter of water and could properly appreciate it.

The dining room is rather old fashioned, and I presume that many of the menu items were classics. Certainly my friend's tagliatelle tartufo (which came with an abundance of black truffle shaved on top, right at the table) was so delicious that we wanted to savor it slowly, enjoying each mouthful. I had an almost equally fine risotto -- I seemed to order it everywhere, and it was always different. You'd think I would be able to recall whether we opted for dessert there or gelato elsewhere, but I can't; must have been all the wine.

It is true that our lunch was relatively expensive, but I'd have to say it was worth it.

Open Mon-Sat 12:00-5:00 PM and 7:00-11:00 PM; closed Sunday.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish? Whatever I order the next time I visit Orvieto!

Address: via de' Cartari 4, Orvieto 05018
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just south of Corso Cavour, between Piazza della Repubblica and Torre del Moro
Phone: 0763 341725
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://anticobucchero@tiscali.it

• Updated Sep 8, 2010

More Restaurants in Orvieto (1)

“Onward and upward!”

Have you been to Orvieto?