"Check Points to the North of the Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Transportation Tip by greekcypriot
Cyprus Transportation: 114 reviews and 110 photos
There are a number of crossing points where one can pass from the south to the north.
These are the following:
Ledra Palace (in Nicosia - only for pedestrians)
Agios Nikolaos (near Famagusta)
Astromeritis (near Morphou)
Agios Dometios (in Nicosia)
Pyla (near Larnaca)
Upon reaching the Turkish check point, get a temporary insurance if you have a car.
Then you will be given a "visa form" which you will have to fill it out and you will give it to the man in charge there. Be careful not to loose the visa slip. It will be necessary to show when you leave.
European citizens may cross the border regardless of point of entry to Cyprus, however if not a EU citizen and if you are from an eastern country, you are likely to be arrested or have to pay a fine by the Cypriot authorities if you have entered via a North Cypriot airport or harbour.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in Cyprus (22)
More Reviews (155)
- See All Purchase Local Delicacies to take back...
- See All The Cypriot Meze
- See All Consular Services
- See All Some etiquette for Hostels &...
- See All CAMPSITES IN CYPRUS -Budget stays
- See All Visiting the Folk Art Museum in Nicosia
- See All "THE CYPRUS SUNSHINE CUP"
- See All Markets in General in Cyprus
- See All Guarantee for Relaxing Holidays-A Gem in...
- See All Easter -Flaounes in Cyprus
- See All The cheapest karaoke in Paphos!
- See All Carry the Only Necessary. Avoid Heavy...
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Have you been to Cyprus?Share Your Travels