"take paths used by locals" Sarajevo Warnings Or Dangers Tip by picek
Sarajevo Warnings and Dangers: 27 reviews and 21 photos
1. Better to repeat it more often than too little times: do take it seriously if local advise you where not to go - mines were not cleared everywhere in BiH, especially so in rural areas. Within Sarajevo and cities you will be fine: but do observe if some areas are to be avoided. Always ask if you're not sure for particular area. People do go to mountains and ski slopes, but they know which paths to take. By the roads there will be warning signs, stick to the roads and don't go into vegetation (don't risk even if there was no warning signs by roads in mountains, countryside).
2. If you get lost and ask for directions for places which are under other regional governement control don't be surprised if the local 'won't know'. Once when asking for road to Jahorina in Sarajevo there were no enthusiasts to answer, well, untill you met someone Serbian. I don't say it's rule - but be prepare if you don't get answer from first try...
3. There are visible 'injuries' from the last war in many places in city (and state). Be most sensible when you're asking about these 'things'.
4. More than few locals and taxi drivers reported increasing car theft and burglary, so it's best to leave your car at secured parking place. Choose accomodation with their own parking area if you come by car.
More Warnings and Dangers in Sarajevo (1)
More Reviews (41)
- See All train to Zagreb and on to Ljubljana
- See All Ministry of health building
- See All floors warmed with carpets
- See All Shopping for local souvenirs
picek's Related Pages
Have you been to Sarajevo?Share Your Travels