"40 Columns in Paphos" Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos - Pafos Tip by greekcypriot
Paphos - Pafos, Cyprus: 71 reviews and 151 photos
Saranta Kolones is the ruin of an ancient castle located just north of Paphos harbour. In Greek it means the 40 columns.
Saranta Kolones was built by the Lusignans in 1192 but thirty years later the castle was destroyed by an earthquake.
What you see today are the ruins of Saranta Kolones and some of the magnificent arches and columns that were used in its construction.
Directions: This destroyed castle is located near the harbour.
More Things to Do in Cyprus (37)
More Reviews (140)
- See All Public Transport in Cyprus
- See All The Cypriot Meze
- See All Consular Services
- See All Some etiquette for Hostels & Campsites
- See All CAMPSITES IN CYPRUS -Budget stays
- See All Visiting the Folk Art Museum in Nicosia
- See All "THE CYPRUS SUNSHINE CUP"
- See All Markets in General in Cyprus
- See All Guarantee for Relaxing Holidays-A Gem in...
- See All Easter -Flaounes in Cyprus
- See All The cheapest karaoke in Paphos!
- See All Carry the Only Necessary. Avoid Heavy...
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Have you been to Cyprus?Share Your Travels