"Thieving Liars - Stay Away" Hotel Deloix Aqua Center Tip by conkaia

Hotel Deloix Aqua Center, Benidorm: 1,597 reviews and 0 photos

Third day into my stay I booked a massage at the hotel spa. I had my handbag with me , which I put in the spa locker and kept the key round my wrist. However during the massage, the therapist removed the key from my wrist "for purpose of massage". After the massage she left me "to relax on my own for five minutes". By the time I got back up to my room, I realised my designer sunglasses and lipgloss were missing from my bag, which I clearly remember having before going down to the spa. I reported this to reception staff who refused to accept what I was saying: "I cannot believe a colleage of mine would do this". After several attempts to speak to the increasingly elusive manager, I was told by reception staff that he did not want to see me and the only thing I could do was report the matter to the police. The hotel point blank refused to investigate the matter and repeatedly told me to contact the police, which as they are no doubt aware, involves a 20 euro round trip to spend hours in the police station waiting for an interpretor to be treated with the same disregard as I was by the hotel staff. I am absolutely disgusted at this treatment in what is supposed to be a four star hotel and I hope that by posting my experience on here I can warn other prospective travellers not to visit here. Don't get me wrong, the staff were all perfectly pleasant up until this incident but the minute you have a problem with the hotel, they close ranks and swear your life away. DISGUSTING.

Address: Avenida de Dr Severo Ochoa 34, Benidorm, 03503, Spain
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +34 965 86 90 70
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hoteldeloix.com/

• Written Jul 24, 2010

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Benidorm?