"Hilo's Roach Motel" Uncle Billys Hilo Bay Tip by chanz808

Uncle Billys Hilo Bay, Hilo: 5 reviews and 3 photos

We stayed at Uncle Billy's Hilo Bay hotel and it was horrible... The day we checked in the room smelled like Goodwill... The blankets,linens and comforter smelled like wet towel. There was mold everywhere on the lamp shades, curtains, shower curtains and you name it you got mold there everywhere. At night if you like the sounds of Coqui frogs then by all means... If you are looking for somewhere where there's peace and quiet, Uncle Billy's won't be the best bet. Overall I did not enjoy my stay there at the Hilo bay hotel.. Oh and yes I will not forget... Ok you know how on every door there's a door sign to either have room service or privacy please... ok so we put it to privacy please and they still came in and cleaned our room.. i mean what is the sense of even putting a sign like that on the door... In their general rules of the hotel.. #11 states that the maid will come in and clean every occupied room and that if we did not like that we could get evicted... What kind of stuff is that?? Unreal... I give this hotel no stars and not even a thumbs up!!

Address: 87 Banyan Dr., Hilo, Hawaii, 96720, United States
Price Comparison: about average
Phone:
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Jul 21, 2010

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Hilo?