"Grundarfjar­arkirkja church." Top 5 Page for this destination SnŠfellsnes- og Hnappadalssřsla Things to Do Tip by Regina1965

Given in remembrance of my grandfather.
by Regina1965

Given in remembrance of my grandfather.
    by Regina1965
      A gift from my grand-father and his children.
    by Regina1965
      A gift from my grand-father and his children.
  • The lovely Grundarfjarðarkirkja church. - Iceland
      The lovely Grundarfjar­arkirkja church.
  • Grundarfjarðarkirkja church. - Iceland
      Grundarfjar­arkirkja church.
    by Regina1965

The church in Grundarfj÷r­ur is especially dear to me as the 2 beautiful stained windows by the altar were given to the church by my grandfather and his children. And my favourite, the beautiful window in the back of the church, depicting Jesus blessing the children, was given to the church in remembrance of my grandfather, by his children (see my photos). My grandfather was raised in Grundarfj÷r­ur, but moved to ReykjavÝk early in life. But Grundarfj÷r­ur was always very dear to him.

Grundarfjar­arkirkja church was consecrated in 1966. And has been blessed with the gifts of many benefactors of the church who have given artefacts to the church in remembrance of loved ones. Almost everything inside Grundarfjar­arkirkja has been given to the church by friends and benefactors. I find this extraordinary and only goes to show what a wonderful little town Grundarfj÷r­ur is.

I recommend a visit here.

Address: Grundarfjar­arkirkja Fagurhˇli, 350 Grundarfj÷r­ur
Phone: 354 4386649

• Updated Oct 2, 2010

Regina1965

“Bon Voyage :)”

Have you been to SnŠfellsnes- og Hnappadalssřsla?