Crooner's (Caribbean Princess): "A Lively Martini Bar" Brooklyn Nightlife Tip by cjg1

Brooklyn Nightlife: 29 reviews and 37 photos

My wife and her dacquiri
      My wife and her dacquiri
      JW Blue
      JW Blue & Sav Blanc
      Violetta Martini
      Cucumber Martini
    by cjg1

Crooner's is the Martini Bar on the Caribbean Princess. The bar has several seating options: bar stools at the bar as well as couches and chairs with tables (some with window views). There is nighly entertainment at the bar with a piano player and even a string quartet. The bar has a large selection of Martinis to chose from as well as wine, champagne, hard liquor and mixed drinks.

The drinks here are very good and a nice size. It is one of our favorite lounges on the ship due to it's laid back yet fun atmosphere. Liz and I found ourselves here daily for some drinks and to catch some entertainment. The service here is phenomenal and we enjoyed chatting with the bartenders (our favorite being Girlie) and several other patrons.

My drinks of choice when at Crooner's were some Johnny walker Blue and their Mudslides. The JW Blue was only $12.50 a glass which to me was a good price. The Mudslides were in huge glasses and topped with whipped cream; very delicious. My wife loves the Margarita's on Princess ships and enjoyed several. Her favorite was the Margarita of the day on day 5. It was called the 1800 Margarita. It was served in a large Margarita glass with plenty of salt on the rim. Orange and lime slices decorated the top of the glass. My wife also enjoyed some of their Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc, Champagne and tried some new Martini flavors such as the Cucumber Martini and the Violetta Martini.

We often met up at Crooners for pre and post dinner drinks with my Mother and Hal. My Mom enjoyed her Chardonnay while Hal threw back some JW Blue with me. On several nights the string quartet played and they were very good. The piano player was also very taleneted and played some excellent jazz numbers.

Dress Code: Smart casual. No bathingsuits, bare feet, etc. Most people are dresssed nicely in smart casual attire.

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated Jul 13, 2010

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Brooklyn?