"Ikea like hotel rooms near La Sagrada Familia" Hostal Hostemplo Tip by virtualpatrick

Hostal Hostemplo, Barcelona: 334 reviews and 4 photos

by virtualpatrick

I stayed at Hostal Hostemplo in Barcelona for 3 nights in May 2010. Good efficient modern hotel with Ikea-like furnishings. In-room bathroom with standup shower and digital central air and heating system. Free wifi throughout the hotel. Has small elevator to make luggage carrying easier.

The room I booked is a single for one person, and from the pictures I have it seems tight, but it suits my needs.

The Hostal Hostemplo is a few blocks away from Sagrada Familia so it's convenient to line up before it opens to avoid the crowd. It's a 4 stop metro ride with transfer to Plaza Catalunya. I do miss being near the city center since I stayed near Plaza Catalunya for the first 3 days of my trip but with the fast efficient subway system it's fine.

www.hostemplo.com is the hotel's website but I reserved through www.booking.com since I was researching and comparing Barcelona accomodations through that website.

Carlos is the person who checked me in. He will remind you to settle the bill before your checkout date since he is not there the whole day.

Address: C/ Sicília, 276, Barcelona
Price Comparison: about average
othercontact: info@hostemplo.com
Phone: +34 93 476 55 75
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hostemplo.com

• Updated Jul 10, 2010

Comments

virtualpatrick

“"Travel. Have fun. Repeat." The journey is the destination.”

Have you been to Barcelona?