"Our Home Away From Home" Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pell City Tip by lorzarn

My husband and I visit Pell City frequently, and we always stay here. My mother lives in Pell City, but doesn't have a room for us to stay in when we come. We generally like Holiday Inns all over the country, and this one doesn't disappoint!
From the moment you walk in the door, you can tell the staff has your best interests and comfort in mind. They have cookies waiting for you, and will give you a welcome pack of popcorn and bottles of water. We have stayed there so much, the manager knows us by name!
The rooms are nicely laid out, and look fresh and clean. They have an entire non-smoking/no pet floor. This is huge for those of us with allergies. The rooms have fridges, microwaves, computer desks/ sofa or side chair. There is free wireless or Ethernet internet available.
The beds are wonderfully comfortable. I love them so much, I redid our bedroom with similar linens and pillows. I always have a good nights sleep there.
We use the AAA rate, and it is generally around $89. Sometimes there are special promotions- and they have a lucrative rewards program (Priority Club) that is worth enrolling in.

Unique Qualities: We have stayed at this hotel for a Thanksgiving and a Christmas holiday break. They have a Thanksgiving dinner (Turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings) for all the guests. This would be wonderful if you were on the road and unable to be with your family. On Christmas, in addition to the Christmas dinner, the staff signed a Christmas card and slid it under our door. How thoughtful!!!
I do not want to spend the night at another hotel- this is truly our home away from home.

Address: 240 VAUGHN LANE, Pell City, AL, 35125
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: North of I-20 on Hwy 231 behind Wal-Mart.
Phone: 1-205-8840047
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hexs/1/en/hd/plral?&brandGroup=EX&

• Written Jul 8, 2010

Ranked Member

Have you been to Pell City?