Pasta Fresca Il Matterello: "Fresh pasta – to die for" Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Shopping Tip by Trekki
Gubbio Shopping: 9 reviews and 23 photos
Again I was grateful to have had the mini-apartment at Residenza di Via Piccardi and to be able to cook in the kitchen. Pasta Fresca Il Matterello was another magnificent discovery. They make fresh pasta with passion, and yes, the passion tastes through their pasta. They are specialised in the typical pasta of the region, such as fazzoletti ripieni (fazzoletto is the red bandana, all locals wear during Festa dei Ceri), umbricelli, strozzapreti and of course fresh gnocchi. I also realised that they make a filling with fresh lemons, but on the day I was there they were already sold out. Next time!
I bought gnocchi and small ravioli with ricotta and can definitely say that the result was better than in most restaurants I had pasta so far. This was not because of my cooking but because of their marvellous pasta.
The shop is closed on Mondays.
Well, this is a bit of walking without car since the shop is located in the outskirts. From the parking at Teatro Romano, walk south-west (Viale Paruccini), take the first to your right (Via dell’Arboreto) and walk straight on. Pass a roundabout, continue straight on, pass under Gubbio’s bypass road (SS219), and turn into the ground of what looks like a small industrialised zone on your right (name: Centro Polifunzionale "Arboreto"). This all must be very new since it is not yet visible on Google Maps.
Pasta Fresca Il Matterello on Google Maps.
© Ingrid D., July 2010 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)
Address: Via dell'Arboreto, Gubbio
Phone: +039 - 075 - 927 2740
Theme: Food and Drink
More Shopping in Gubbio (5)
More Reviews (74)
- See All Festa dei Ceri: highlight of Gubbio's...
- See All Passion, very much characterises i...
- See All Authentic Eugubini dishes, no tourists
- See All Festa di Ceri - GET OUT OF THE WAY!
- Endless hiking, hang-gliding and caves
- See All THE meeting point in Gubbio
- See All Abbazia San Verecondo and SanFrancesco
- See All Home away from home: Residenza Via...
- Good and comfortable shoeas are a MUST!
- See All How to reach Gubbio
- See All Don’t get trapped in the narrow streets!
Been to Gubbio?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Gubbio?Share Your Travels