Pierini Cartolibreria: "Libreria Pienini ? the best bookshop in town" Top 5 Page for this destination Gubbio Shopping Tip by Trekki

Gubbio Shopping: 9 reviews and 23 photos

The libreria is near this gate
by Trekki

The bookshop Fotolibri in Corso Garibaldi might be the biggest one in Gubbio and certainly the non-local would see or find it rather quickly (Corso Garibaldi is one of Gubbio?s main streets), but when it comes to attitude, there is much room for improvement. Maybe because I was the foreigner with not that much Italian expression skills, maybe she had a bad day, maybe... maybe.

But during my long stay in Residenza Via Picardi I had chats with other guests and we exchanged ideas, suggestions and also recommendations about books and stores. One Swizz couple had a book about parks in Umbria, surprisingly in German language. They said that they bought it at Fotolibri, but they must have picked the last piece because when I went there an hour later, it was no longer available. When I asked if she could order it, she said, that it will most probably be sold out. A couple of days later, David (a nice hiker from Utah) showed me a hiking map of Gubbio?s surroundings which he bought at Pienini Cartolibreria and he mentioned that they were extremely helpful. Since I wanted to buy this map anyhow with the help of my Italian teacher Edvige we checked at Pienini and were positively surprised how much effort they made to find the Umbria park book for me. They phoned several other bookshops they are connected to and finally found it in a shop in Foligno. One week later it arrived, Edvige was informed and I could pick it up.

Via Reposati is the south-westernmost street in quartiere San Pietro (inside the city walls) and the shop is located near San Pietro?s main piazza (with chiesa San Pietro). Either walk through the gate Porta Vittorina and turn left into Via Reposati or walk east from Piazza Quaranta Martiri into Via Mazzalini (= where Hotel Oderisi is located) and follow the street. It leads into Via Reposati.
Be aware that the shop sign can be easily overlooked!

Libreria Pienini on Google Maps.

Ingrid D., July 2010 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

continue with next review => La Buca del Tartufo, delicatessen

Address: Via Reposati, 53 (= San Pietro); Gubbio
Phone: +39 - 075-9274294
Theme: Books

• Updated Aug 13, 2013

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Gubbio?