Palermo Viejo Authentic Argentine Restaurant: "Are You a Meat Lover? - Part 2" Louisville Restaurant Tip by riorich55

Louisville Restaurants: 126 reviews and 77 photos

• Cocida - Louisville
      8 oz Lomo
      Parrillada De Bifes
      Crepe with Caramel Sauce and Banana Ice Cream
    by riorich55

Alright, so here is the 2nd page for Palermo. I've included the 4 pictures of our food, from the appetizer, to both our dishes, to our tasty dessert.

Just to continue a little more of the story from our visit. As the evening progressed the restaurant started to get a bit busier. Since it was a Monday night (usually a slow night for good eating restaurants) it still had plenty of empty seats, but everyone appeared to really enjoy themselves.

When we ordered dessert the man behind us with his wife (he is a lobbyist and his wife is a dentist) said the dessert is one of the main reasons they keep coming back. His wife loves the crepe with carmel sauce and banana ice cream which we decided to share. We had a pleasant conversation with the both of them and naturally I mentioned VT to them. I gave them the VT website and also my handle (that's a word he used for my home page - I haven't heard that used since the old trucker CB radio days)

Favorite Dish: Let me talk about each food item picture by picture.

Picture 1 - The Appetizer- Cocida which consisted of grilled asparagus, smoked provolone, portabella milanesa mushroom, a garlic rubbed roasted tomato and sweet potato fries, served with a dijon mustard dipping sauce. At $7.00 well worth it.

Picture 2 - Steve's Main Dish - 8 oz Lomo - They list it on the menu as 6 oz terderloin at $16.00 and then add $1.50 per ounce. Renee said they don't cut the meat until ordered. They also cook it in their own charcoal grilled oven and then serve it on its own small little cooker to keep it warm.

Picture 3 - My Main Dish - Parrillada De Bifes - I'll take that as different cuts of meat since it had a ribeye, NY strip, and flank steak along with chorizo sausage served on a bed of french fries with a delicious sauce I didn't get the name of. Now, I'm really not a big beef eater so for me to say this was really good really means something. I naturally couldn't finish all of it, so Steve helped with a few bites.

Picture 4 - Dessert - The aforementioned crepe with caramel sauce (forgot the spanish name) with banana ice cream. We originally planned on getting dessert at a local favorite ice cream place closer to the hotel, but this sounded so good we went for it. The local place will have to wait until next trip.

If you are in Louisville and looking for a great place to eat with a great atmosphere this is it.

Address: 1359 Bardstown Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On Bardstown Road a few block north of Eastern Parkway
Phone: (502) 456-6461
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Jun 30, 2010

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Louisville?