Palermo Viejo Authentic Argentine Restaurant: "Are You a Meat Lover? - Part 1" Louisville Restaurant Tip by riorich55

Louisville Restaurants: 128 reviews and 87 photos

The Best Places Always Look Different

The Best Places Always Look Different
    by riorich55
      We Came in Early at 6:00 p.m.
      The Wood and Leather Stripped Menu
      What to Choose?
    by riorich55

A co-worker and I ate here on our last night in town. I had spent 10 nights in Louisville over a 3 week period and I wanted to make sure I had a really nice meal. And Palermo did not disappoint.

I had passed this restaurant by the night before when I had arrived in town for the last 2 days of a training class we were conducting. It was closed that night, Sunday, but I looked inside and thought this might be a good place to try. Did a little research on line back at the hotel and almost every review was either a 4 star or 5 star, so I said that's the place for tomorrow.

We arrived around 6:00 p.m. and there was a couple at one table and a few ladies at the bar area. We got to choose where we could sit in the "L" shaped dining area and we chose to sit near the window so we could see people come in and also window watch outside. They also have several tables outside, but the road is a little busy and it was still very humid so indoor was a good option.

Our server, Renee, introduced herself and gave us our wood stitched with leather menu. That, along with the leather coverings on the table and right then and there I said this is the start of something good. I had eaten at another restaurant down the road on my last trip to Louisville last September and loved their homemade sangria and when I saw this on the menu here we ordered a carafe of their homemade sangria which included chunks of fresh fruit. Needless to say it was yummy and made the food served all that much better.

Since I took more pictures then would fit on VT's 5 picture tip limitation I will continue this with the food pictures on the next tip. READ ON!!

Favorite Dish: Wait until you see the food on the next tip. You will be drooling!!!

Address: 1359 Bardstown Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On Bardstown Road a few blocks north of Eastern Parkway
Phone: (502) 456-6461
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Written Jun 30, 2010

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Louisville?