"Hotel Cass/ Holiday Inn Express, Chicago, IL." Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass Tip by verybigdog

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass, Chicago: 964 reviews and 3 photos

When I checked in I explained that last time I stayed at this property my room was very small & would like something larger. I was told that "...we are a boutique hotel & all are rooms are small, but they would upgrade me to a larger room".

Because of my job I carry a tape measure in my brief case, my room was 10'-6" W x 10'-0" L With a queen size bed this left apx. 3'-0" of space on both sides of the bed & the foot to move around. They provided a "Book Table" as a desk (Similar to the to the type of table that you would place behind a couch). This was the only place in the room where I could park my 22" Roll Aboard Travel Bag this left apx 15" of clear work space on the desk. Eventually I set my computer up on the edge of the bed so I would have space to spread out files. etc. The desk chair was a compact "Vanity Style " chair designed to fit under a counter top. Useable by a child but far too small for your average 5'-11" male business man. Ther were three (3) electrical plug-ins in the room, barely adequate to charge my cell phone, computer, bluetooth ear phone, & GPS. I carry a compact power strip, because this is a frequent problem in many hotels.

The Hotel Cass/ Holiday Inn Express, Chicago, IL. is a good budget hotel that would be perfect for an individual tourist traveler. If I were traveling to Chicago with my wife for a long weekend the small room would not be adequate for two adults. It is my opinion that this hotel is not oriented or adequate for the typical business traveler.

Unique Qualities: Average Budget Priced Tourist Hotel

Address: 640 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, Illinois, 60611, United States
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Near Michigan Ave. Good Location
Phone: 312 787 4030
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.casshotel.com/

• Written Jun 30, 2010

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Chicago?