"MV Northern Adventure" Province of British Columbia Transportation Tip by GrumpyDiver
Province of British Columbia Transportation: 29 reviews and 27 photos
Just a few more thoughts about the trip up the inside passage.
1. Most of the travel is through protected areas, but there are short open seas crossings that can cause the ship to rock.
2. The 5th deck observation seating is great. There is a forward viewing cabin (Aurora Lounge), but they charge an additional $30 Cdn each to use it. We did not bother, but if you want to see what is coming straight ahead, it is the only place on the ship where you can do so.
3. The back of the 5th deck (stern)is great for observation. If you don't smoke, don't bother with the end of the 4th deck - this is where the smokers hang out.
4. There is a lounge, cafeteria, gift shop and restaurant. The prices are in line with what you would expect for the captive audience - but I've seen a lot worse.
5. The restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. Buffet style for $30 Cdn, but the selection and quality was quite good. The scenery was fantastic.
6. There is only one ferry on this route. This summer, the northbound departures take place on odd numbered dates and the southbound ones on even numbered days.
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels