"Ushuaia : the old prison & Maritime Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Tierra del Fuego Things to Do Tip by globetrott
Tierra del Fuego Things to Do: 33 reviews and 93 photos
The former prison of Ushuaia was turned into a modern museum, in some part it is nowadays the Maritime museum and in another part you will see the everyday life of the prisoners, some of their cells etc.
These prisoners had to do hard work cutting the trees and making wood for the heating and cooking of all of the city of Ushuaia. And they had a small train to take them safely into the woods and back to the prison.
Directions: The old prison is at the end of Avenida San Martin, that is about 15 min.to walk to from the cruise-port.
More Things to Do in Tierra del Fuego (14)
More Reviews (29)
- See All The N3 - The Panamericana Highway
- See All dont walk over the old, rusty Rio Grande...
- See All Rio Grande : this is what they call a...
- a great supermarket in Rio Grande
- Haruwen - great in summer & winter
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Tierra del Fuego?Share Your Travels