"There is a small village inside of the fortress" Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Things to Do Tip by globetrott
Norway Things to Do: 860 reviews and 1,685 photos
There is a small village inside of Vardoehus festning, including several houses and even a church. Tourists can walk on top of the small churchtower in order to have a great view. You will find several old cannons there as well. The first fortification was built there in the 13th century but Vardoehus festning as you see it nowadays dates back to the year 1734.
More Things to Do in Norway (117)
More Reviews (85)
- See All By Hurtigruten to Harstad
- See All Vrådal Kyrkje in Eidstal
- See All great art nouveau streetlamps
- See All a good place to stay at night in your...
- See All the bar in the Museum of Aviation
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels