CRAIGIEBURN CARAVAN PARK: "In a beautiful setting" Top 5 Page for this destination Glen Innes Hotel Tip by balhannah

Glen Innes Hotels: 5 reviews and 10 photos

Name of the Park

Name of the Park
      Kangaroo's at the Caravan Park
    by balhannah
      Having fun in amongst the Boulders
    by balhannah
      A boulder in a precarious situation
      Cabins for rent.
    by balhannah

This caravan park has always appealed to me, and I know why, because it set in amongst the huge granite boulders that are common in this area.

The park is set on 40acres, has a 79 year old Church on the property, a permanent stream, and many tracks which I enjoyed following. At dawn and dusk, the Rabbits and Kangaroo's were out grazing.

We had a powered site for the night, which cost $30 for 2 people. The showers were hot, but there was not much room to move to dry yourself. I checked out the camp kitchen, where a Television is located, that looked ok. Wooden bbq's were scattered around the site. Being set well back off the main highway, meant that it was quite quiet at night.

There were Cottages and Cabins available for hire too.

In Summer, there would be plenty of shade, as the tall Poplars would be in leaf, in Autumn, it would be pretty with their leaves turning gold.

We had a good stay here, and would return

Directions: On the Tenterfield side of Glen Innes, look for the signpost, and the Pine tree lined driveway.
Phone: [02] 6732 1283
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Campground
Website: http://www.craigieburncottages.com.au/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jun 22, 2010

More Hotels in Glen Innes (1)

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Wow, what amazing boulders - I can see why it appeals to you - I like it too, judging from the photos.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Nov 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Thanks Regina. I love the big boulders, I find them fascinating.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Nov 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM

The you will love Iceland - we´ve got a lot of big boulders here. I wish we had enough time to visit North-Iceland, that area is amazing!