"Washington, DC" Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Things to Do Tip by richiecdisc
United States of America Things to Do: 953 reviews and 1,331 photos
Washington, DC manages a monumental feat. It is at once the seat of the United States government with all the political power that ensures and entails, but it is also one of the country's great tourist towns. Though perhaps lacking the luster of New York City or San Francisco, it none-the-less is crammed with cultural activities, well-planned green spaces, historical buildings, great dining options, and quirky colorful neighborhoods perfect for strolling. It's tough to top its museum options and when you factor in that most of them are free, it becomes a fairly affordable city by northeastern North American standards. Factor in one of the country's only viable mass transit systems, all made tourist friendly with easy to digest signs, and you have about as perfect a tourist destination as you could imagine, ready to explore. Just make sure to allot plenty of time. You will need it to even scratch its surface.
More Reviews (60)
- See All still within its soil, still within our...
- you want it, you can buy it
- a friendly place
- backpacking is a great sport
- bring it all, use it all, you'll need it...
- many terrains, many natural dangers
- one man's trap is another man's...
- See All the cheapest alternative can be a great...
- See All be careful with USA hostels
- See All Myrtle Beach, SC
- The Great American Road Trip
- as varied as the country itself is
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels