"New Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Things to Do Tip by richiecdisc
United States of America Things to Do: 953 reviews and 1,331 photos
The Enchanted State is an appropriate moniker for New Mexico. Its natural beauty of both desert and mountain landscapes intermingle effortlessly with the colorful adobe architecture as would befit a civilization sculptured by Native Americans long before its statehood. In fact, this is one of North America's longest inhabited places going back to 12,000 BC and an advanced civilization of Chaco by the year 700. Make no mistake, the Spanish influence is readily apparent and no youngster dating back some 500 years but the soul of this place is steeped in Native legend. It breaths Geronimo.
Today, one finds all these things easily explorable in one of the United States' most user friendly tourist destinations. Old Native American ruins, quaint and colorful Colonial Spanish towns, unabashed and inspiring nature are within a few hours drive of each other, on traffic free highways and scenic byways. Toss in world class art, innovative Southwest cuisine, ample varied lodging and it's easy to see why New Mexico receives not only raves from those who visit but remains in those lucky souls long after.
More Reviews (60)
- See All still within its soil, still within our...
- you want it, you can buy it
- a friendly place
- backpacking is a great sport
- bring it all, use it all, you'll need it...
- many terrains, many natural dangers
- one man's trap is another man's...
- See All the cheapest alternative can be a great...
- See All be careful with USA hostels
- See All Myrtle Beach, SC
- The Great American Road Trip
- as varied as the country itself is
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels