"South Dakota" Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Things to Do Tip by richiecdisc
United States of America Things to Do: 953 reviews and 1,331 photos
With visions of The Great Dust Bowl and hearty homesteaders trying to eke out an existence in this harsh terrain, it is easy to see why many write off South Dakota as a bleak lifeless place. Life does exist and Native Americans have been doing just that for 11 thousand years. European settlers did not fare so well aside from unusually high periods of precipitation. Even this had detrimental effects on a land more fragile than it looks in the form of overuse, only furthering erosion.
More Reviews (60)
- See All still within its soil, still within our...
- you want it, you can buy it
- a friendly place
- backpacking is a great sport
- bring it all, use it all, you'll need it...
- many terrains, many natural dangers
- one man's trap is another man's...
- See All the cheapest alternative can be a great...
- See All be careful with USA hostels
- See All Myrtle Beach, SC
- The Great American Road Trip
- as varied as the country itself is
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels