"Colorado" Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Things to Do Tip by richiecdisc
United States of America Things to Do: 953 reviews and 1,331 photos
Well, yeah, John Denver is pretty corny but I couldn't keep the tune of Rocky Mountain High from slipping its into my consciousness when I got close to this state. This was the beginning of a five month camping trip around the states and Colorado was looming right before me like a dream. Man, I was going to the Rockies! I grew up in Philadelphia and had never been exposed to nature, a real city boy. I was later introduced to hiking in Ontario and had fallen in love with it in New Zealand. When I was traveling, everyone asked me about California and Colorado, and I couldn't tell them anything as I'd never been west of Ohio. Well, this was a trip to rectify that. But it wasn't just about seeing a place, it was about capturing a feeling, a yearning to find something in my own country that made me feel the same as I'd felt when abroad. Colorado would be that and much more as I would soon find out.
More Reviews (60)
- See All still within its soil, still within our...
- you want it, you can buy it
- a friendly place
- backpacking is a great sport
- bring it all, use it all, you'll need it...
- many terrains, many natural dangers
- one man's trap is another man's...
- See All the cheapest alternative can be a great...
- See All be careful with USA hostels
- See All Myrtle Beach, SC
- The Great American Road Trip
- as varied as the country itself is
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels