"Walking Tour" Walking Tours Tip by June.b

our guide

our guide
      our walking tour group
  • Walking Tour - Barcelona

At the Plaza Reial, you'll find lots of people sitting at the big water fountain and/or standing around it. Well, they're not there just to past the time.

Actually, they are there congregating as the plaza is the meeting/starting point of the walking tour (free and for a fee).

I went there and I saw a couple of guides holding a folder and I asked if it was the free walking tour which I have heard about. So I joined. They have normally 2 types of walking tour -

1. Gaudi Tour
2. Gothic Tour

I only did the first one and went on my own on the second. It was a good introduction of the city, you'll get to walk and take the metro along with all the people in the group. Our guide for the Gaudi Tour was a very enthusiastic lady (irish originally i think) named Ann-Marie who give lots of info on the sights, very elaborated voice.

It's worth it, it's free...but please tip the guide fairly, they don't get paid from their company, they earn from tips. And you may ask them for further tips and info right after the tour which lasted for about 2 hours and a half that ended at the Sagrada Familia.

Highly recommended.

Address: Plaza Reial, Barcelona
Website: http://www.runnerbeantours.com/

• Updated Jun 15, 2010

Comments

June.b

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Have you been to Barcelona?