"The Lime, South Howard Ave, South Tampa" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Tampa Restaurants: 286 reviews and 570 photos

The Lime is one of numerous trendy restaurants in the Hyde Park area along South Howard. This restaurant is actually under the same ownership of other area restaurants including Ciccio & Tony's, The Lodge, and Daily Eats. I have been to both Ciccio & Tony's and Daily Eats, and both were great, so I had high hopes for the lime. This restaurant is a bit fancier and more trendy than the other two, but not quite as tasty in my opinion. Good, yes. Great, no.

Our good meal here started with warm cheese dip and salsa served with tricolor tortilla chips called queso blanco ($4). The bowl of chips was small, but they were happy to bring another when we asked.

I had the Erie, PA Railbender Scottish Ale ($4.75) to go along with my grilled grouper dinner special ($14). The grouper was topped with a mango salsa and served with fresh veggies, black beans, and rice. The fish might have been a bit overcooked, but the salsa and sides were great, and the beer selection commendable. Our other drinks were a Stella ($5), a red sangria ($7), and a Bluefin Stout. Our other meals included the chicken tinga ($9) and a churrasco dinner ($12).

Address: 915 S Howard Street Tampa, FL 33606
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (813) 868-5463
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Mexican
Website: http://www.thelimetampa.com

• Updated Jun 21, 2010

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Tampa?