"American Living in Pakistan" People Tip by stevosoparo

People, Pakistan: 9 reviews and 8 photos

Favorite thing: I am amazed by the people putting information about the places or cities or people of different countries, without knowing the true facts about those places. There is a big difference in between FACT and Opinion. So please if you don?t know the true facts, don't advice someone it?s almost like misguiding someone, in my book its called ?lie?.
Now myself coming from NY, I have lived in Pakistan and its one of the great place to live and enjoy. It depends what are you looking for and what kind a person your. I have lived and worked in Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Singapore, China and Japan before and I would still like to live in Pakistan. Yes! Pakistan do have problems and I am hoping that the country and leaders would come to their senses someday to realize that they are destroying an amazing piece of land with beautiful people.
But still there are lots of places where Americans can live and Pakistanis love Americans. Ye in the case of terrorist, they even don?t like their own people. Look how many are running around in western countries. I taught University courses, I managed educational institutes in different parts of Pakistan. If you like cooler place to life ?Gilgit? is really nice place to live, no problems there, people in Gilgit are nice and it?s a place to relax. you can also travel to China by road during summer. Islamabad is also a nice place but I find it very boring, it?s more like a model city. Lahore is a fun place, food is great, local are fantastic, there are music concerts, you will meet lot of different kinds of people there, lot of young people. I meet Pakistani movie starts in Lahore, visited Pakistani film industry. We did short-film there (you can see it on youtube ?It?s a Long Life Javed Nisar Film?). I am not a big fan of Karachi but it?s a good place to travel and see how you would feel about the place. So I think you should go to Pakistan for sometime 1st and travel, see how you would feel. Have fun Man.

Fondest memory: Worked with University students made a short-film "Its a one long life" can watch it on youtube enter "its a one long life javed nisar film"

• Updated Jun 10, 2010

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Pakistan?