"Makua and Kila" Top 5 Page for this destination Historical Sites Tip by cjg1
Historical Sites, Oahu: 64 reviews and 245 photos
The Makua and Kila statue Mak is based on a childrens story by Fred Van Dyke. The children?s story honors Hawaiian values of love and respect for ohana (family) and the ocean. The statue made me think of my wife's favorite Disney movie; Lilo & Stitch for some reason.
We came upon these statues while wandering Kuhio Beach. The statues are very popular with locals and are covered with leis daily by passers by.
More Things to Do in Oahu (58)
More Reviews (136)
- See All Aloha Hour
- See All Territorial Surfers
- See All Great Hotel with a Terrific Location
- See All Early Morning Walks
- See All Water Camera
- See All Snacks
- See All Admirals Club Honolulu International...
- See All A Nice Hyatt Diamond Perk
- See All Good Drinks, Food and Views
- Hawaiian Phrases Along Kalakaua Avenue
- See All Paddleboarding
- Obama Mania
cjg1's Related Pages
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels