"Monica Tours for a day in Lima" Around Lima Tip by deac83

Around Lima, Lima: 25 reviews and 44 photos

I had heard about Monica Tours via Virtual Tourist and contacted her via e-mail to make arrangements. I was looking for a guide/driver that could take me around Lima for the day during my layover at the Lima airport. I had 8-10 hours available before my late night flight. Monica has an hourly rate with a minimum of 6 hours for her guide/driver services.

Monica?s service was perfect for what I wanted to do while in Lima. I wanted to see a few of the historical sites and sample the food at some of the famous restaurants in Lima. She was at the airport waiting with a sign with my name on it as planned.

Given that I knew what I wanted to do, Monica quickly began following my plan for the day. She got us downtown quickly (as quickly as you can in Lima) and we proceeded to go through my list. Monica pointed out other sites of interest as we were moving from one place to another. She was happy to follow my plan and did not try and change it.

Since I only had 8 hours in the city, I did not want or need a lot of details about the places we visited. She gave me the quick highlights and kept us moving. In fact at the catacombs of San Francisco she was able to get me out of the guided tour and we avoided having to be led around in a big group. We wound up being the only ones in the catacombs, which was certainly better than being there with a group of 20.

I found her English was quite good and we had no trouble communicating. Her driving is quite safe, especially when compared to the local taxi drivers.

If you are looking for someone that can quickly help you navigate Lima on a short stay, I high recommend Monica Tours.

Directions: Lima and surrounding areas
Phone: (51-1) 999-430796
Website: http://www.monicatoursperu.com

• Written Jun 5, 2010

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Lima?