Goode's BBQ: "Famous Texan barbecue on Kirby" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Restaurant Tip by XenoHumph
Houston Restaurants: 278 reviews and 221 photos
This place is famous in Texas. It serves authentic Texan barbecue fare. Nothing fancy: large wood tables with beer opener at the ends, wood benches, plastic plates, cheap wine or beer (they actually have St Arnold which is the local brewery and is excellent) you go get your food inside and eat outside. Really fun though!
Favorite Dish: Try their duck, it is really good. So is the sausage.
Address: 5109 Kirby Drive, Houston TX 77098
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: You cannot miss the giant armadillo on Kirby (between Bissonnet and US59). Careful, at the giant Armadillo (5015 Kirby), it is a bar and dance place. Here I am describing the BBQ, across the side street South of the 'Armadillo Palace'.
More Restaurants in Houston (31)
More Reviews (69)
- See All Haak Winery, South of Houston
- See All Go for the butterflies @ the M. of...
- See All Map of Houston: Caption by Alphabetical...
- See All Farmers Markets are coming to Houston!!!
- See All The Revitalization of Downtown Houston
- See All The new Tramway line
- See All Dangerous areas of Houston
- Houston Theater District
- See All Hotel with great view in Clear Lake
- See All Minute Maid Park
- See All Kemah Boardwalk: expensive and nothing...
Been to Houston?Share your travels with the world!
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels