Boondocks: "Nice Bar and Outdoor Patio" Top 5 Page for this destination Traverse City Restaurant Tip by deecat

Traverse City Restaurants: 22 reviews and 30 photos

Boon Docks in Glen Arbor, MI
by deecat

On the last day of our trip, on our way out of the region, we stopped at an attractive restaurant/bar called Boondocks in Glen Arbor, Michigan.

We were impressed with the looks of the inside as well as the outside. There were many flat-screen TV's inside and a big screen outside. There is free music and a HUGE gazebo-looking stage in the yard [for performances and dancing, I assume].

We asked to be seated on the patio because there were tables with umbrellas that shaded you while you ate.

Service was not swift, but our waitress was pleasant and kind. We only wanted sandwiches and a soft drink, but, I must say, this place looked as though it would be a great place for beers and other alcoholic beverages.

Favorite Dish: The menu was extensive with sandwiches, wraps, soups, salads, entrees. I ordered an Italian sub sandwich and a soft drink. I did not order fries because I'm not a potato eater. My sandwich was huge, and since we were on our way home, I could not take a "doggie bag" so, unfortunately, I had to leave half of it. Mickey had a similar dilemma. Chips did come with the sandwich. We felt that the food was good and agreed that the service was slow.

Since I returned home, I have read reviews of the restaurant and was surprised at how many people mentioned slow service, and they also did not like the food, mostly because of the high prices. It's a vacation area so I was not surprised about the prices. Hopefully, this relatively new restaurant/bar will heed the reviews and make some changes.

Address: 5858 Manitou Blvd, Glen Arbor, MI 49636
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Corner of M22 and M109
Phone: (231) 334-6444
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Updated May 30, 2010

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Traverse City?