Peppercorn: "Moomer's Homemade Ice Cream" Top 5 Page for this destination Traverse City Restaurant Tip by deecat

Traverse City Restaurants: 22 reviews and 30 photos

Photographs:
1. Dee eating Moomer's ice Cream
2. Mickey eating Moomer's Ice Cream
3. Picture of Peppercorn Store

Each time that Mickey and I travel, we make sure to try the local ice cream and to take a photograph of that experience. We had read about the famous Moomer's Homemade Ice Cream and wanted to be sure to try it. We could have gone to:
Moomer's Homemade Ice Cream
7263 N. Long Lake Road
Long Lake, Michigan
(231) 941-4122

This ice cream establishment is owned by Jon and Nancy Plummer and is located west of Traverse City.
Here, you are able to watch the dairy cows graze outside while you sample some of their 100 flavors, which are made right here. However, on the first day in Traverse City, we were shopping the main area [Front Street] and happened to go into a kitchen and dining accessories and gourmet food store called Peppercorn. As we were perusing the window, we saw a sign that said, "We serve the famous Moomer's Homemade Ice Cream". What the heck...
we could not resist the opportunity to try the ice cream that was selected by viewers of "Good Morning America" as the best ice cream in the country!

Of the 100 flavors that Moomer's make, their signature flavor is called "Cherries Moobilee" that is black cherry ice cream with chunks of black sweet cherries, red tart cherries, chocolate fudge swirl, and chunks of homemade brownies! I tried a spoonful of it and really liked it, but I just had to try the one with almonds, fudge chocolate, and coconut...memories of my favorite candy bar, Almond Joy. Speaking of delicious, it "fit the bill"!

I asked for a junior size, as did Mickey. It was huge, and then I wondered, "If the junior is this big, I wonder what a regular would be?"

My suggestion would be to experience this marvelous ice cream either at Moomer's Homemade Ice Cream in Long Lake or at Peppercorn on Front Street in Traverse City.. But, be sure to try it!

Address: 226 E. Front Street
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (231)941-4146
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated May 30, 2010

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Traverse City?