L'ELEPHANT BLEU: "Great Restaurant" Panglao Island Restaurant Tip by gric

Panglao Island Restaurants: 24 reviews and 37 photos

Just came back from my trip to Bohol, went to the small island of Panglao to the touristic spot of Alona Beach for some good diving (I recommend Genesis Divers, nice and friendly) and after having more or less the same food everywhere I found a real pearl, L'ELEPHANT BLEU Restaurant. Although it's not on the beach front (200m from on the right side of the crossing from the main road and the small one leading to the beach itself when you arrive) you'll find yourself in a real nice quiet place, superb garden lounge where the time just flies away.
Great music, mostly lounge style and electro but not limited to that (they even have classical in the morning) which is a good rest from all the crap heard around here (my taste...) and the best coffee on the island.
But the best is the food, french-inspired with some very traditional dishes and some others that will take your palate to new heights of taste :P (like their dory fish on shallots reduction and its tingling tomato butter) and all at very affordable prices considering the quality of the food.
And it's the only place I found apart from Manila where you can have quality wines per glass (they have an impressive French wines list, above 30 I think, with half of it available by the glass), which is great so you don't have to buy a whole bottle and can have different wines with the different parts of your meal.

They also have 2 budget rooms upstairs, simple but clean and comfortable.

I was so thrilled by my first visit there that I simply ate all my meals at that resto for the remaining days of my stay and didn't regret it, quite the opposite :D

Cheers and safe trips

ps. the pictures here are taken from their website

Favorite Dish: Cream Dory filet on shallots reduction with its tingling tomato butter because of the original mix and the explosion of savors in your mouth

Address: Alona Beach
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Right side of the crossing between main road and the small one leading to the beach, about 200m from the sea.
othercontact: cell +63920 9167900
Phone: 63 38 5028328
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: French
Website: http://www.lelephantbleu.com

• Updated May 24, 2010

Ranked Member

Have you been to Panglao Island?