"Massage Parlors in Thamel area of Kathmandu." Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Warnings Or Dangers Tip by goutammitra

Kathmandu Warnings and Dangers: 34 reviews and 23 photos

by goutammitra

Every time I visit Kathmandu, I find there is a surprise waiting for me. This time, I found the infamous dance bars are closed but there are lots of Massage parlors have emerged in Thamel area. Our Vt friend Basu Thapliya ( Thapliya) and also Mr.Ritwik Das the owner of Tajmahal Restaurant ( Earlier known as Sree Lal Bhojanaya) informed that most of them offer sleaze, in place of genuine massage. These are mostly dens of corruption and illegal in Nepal. They have a modus operandi to inform the police if they feel the customer is wealthy. The police is also hand in glove with them. So they conduct raid at the time the customer is in compromising position and demand money. They also informed a few Indians were arrested in recent past and were released after their family paid hefty sum as bribe.

Those with chicken heart please stay away from these joints, instead go to SPAs, they are safe place for massage after hard walking. Hope I am clear.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written May 22, 2010

More Warnings and Dangers in Kathmandu (1)

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Holy smokes! That is crazy! I read this is a known drug area too. I think it's best just to avoid this neighborhood.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Oh really? LOL. I was surprised when I read so many tips about great shops, and nightlife here. I didn't know this was a tourist area, I thought it was a bad neighborhood. So I guess it would make sense that there would be drugs and prostitution.
      So, it shouldn't be avoided?

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Still I don't feel comfortable in places where drug dealing and prostitution occurs. I live in the U.S., and here that only happens in bad neighborhoods.

goutammitra Visits Here Frequently!

goutammitra

“Thanks Daniel & Giampiero for the Tee Shirt!”

Have you been to Kathmandu?