"Ecological Trek to Titumate" Departamento del Chocó Off The Beaten Path Tip by mircaskirca

hike to Titumate
by mircaskirca

hike to Titumate
    by mircaskirca
  • Ecological Trek to Titumate - Departamento del Chocó

We all enjoyed our hike the previous day so much that we decided to go on another one. It was to Titumate. The village is quite far from San Pacho so we had to start even earlier. To save me time in the morning, Marina suggested that I could sleep in her house, which I accepted. It was actually very nice to sleep there. Her house is located only a short distance from the beach so I could hear the relaxing sound of the ocean.

In the morning Eduardo came to pick me up and on the way, close to Aldea de Río Ciego, Veronica and Vianelly Valencia were waiting to join us. Landscape of the area was plain, there were no higher hills. It was an easy hike through a truly beautiful grasslands sprinkled with tropical trees. The surroundings was bright green and very tranquil, there were only birds and cows. After walking for some time I realized that nobody exactly knew the way. We would easily miss but there were nobody to ask. We followed our instincts. About an hour before Titumate we finally met a few horsemen and they told we were on the right way.

In Titumate we took a short walk around the village and had lunch in a small family run restaurant. Then we spent some time on the waterfront, having a beer and observing life of the local people, while waiting for the boat to return to San Pacho.

This was another great hike. I really loved the landscape and the village, and I'm glad I met these wonderful people who enable me to get to know this lovely area. It seemed it was from both sides. They equally enjoyed the trip but they wouldn't do it if it wasn't to accompany me :)

• Updated Jun 6, 2010

More Off The Beaten Path in Departamento del Chocó (1)

Comments

Have you been to Departamento del Chocó?