Cafayate, Restaurante Colorado: "great food, great ambiance" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Restaurant Tip by vtveen
Provincia de Salta Restaurants: 4 reviews and 6 photos
!!!Restaurante Colorado is closed from November 2010 (see:http://staycafayate.blogspot.com/) !!!
The first night of our stay in Cafayate we were looking for a restaurant on the base of reviews we had read. The first one - El Terruño - didn’t look too inviting and was still closed; most probably we as Northwest Europeans were too early. So we ended up in the second one: Restaurante Colorado.
And this turned out to be an excellent choice:
- first of all the extremely friendly and welcoming staff; the owners April and Charlie from the USA and the ‘local’ waiter Ramon;
- the restaurant is rather small with a very attractive interior with comfortable chairs, beautiful decorations and lighting;
- most important is the great food Colorado served.
- although till yet our most expensive Argentinean diner, it still was very affordable for such great meals/evenings.
Although very far from the sea, we ordered the first night a grilled salmon, which came with rice and grilled vegetables; together with a local bottle of Torrontés wine it was very delicious.
The second night we had ‘angel hair’ pasta with vegetables and chicken. Vegetables and chicken were excellent, but the hair pasta was more or less sticky and not very nice. April apologised ‘thousand times’ and offered us a free dessert and recommended a house made ‘pizooki’. Never heard of it, but this ’fresh baked chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream’ was out of this world. You really should try !!
(It is only because of the ‘pasta’ I rate Colorado not as ‘a great experience’).
Address: Belgrano 28, Cafayate
Comparison: about average
Directions: Just a ‘couple of meters’ from the main square towards the bus station.
Belgrano starts from the main square on the corner with the telephone shop.
More Restaurants in Provincia de Salta (2)
More Reviews (41)
- See All Salinas Grandes – an absolute highlight
- See All on the edge of the lake
- See All Cabra Corral – what a different...
vtveen's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Provincia de Salta?Share Your Travels