"Without a $60 ticket, biltmore house invisible!!" Asheville Tourist Trap Tip by csuresh

Asheville Tourist Traps: 7 reviews and 15 photos

We finally executed our plan to goto Biltmore. However instead of just Biltmore, our plan was to first reach Biltmore take some snaps enjoy from outside and then move to Smoky Mountains, then overnight at Atlanta - spend the next day in Atlanta and return back to Charlotte. We enjoyed Smoky Mountains and Atlanta, but in Biltmore, the ticket counter is now moved in such a way that unless you pay the $60 ticket, you will not be able to get the glimpse of the house or the garden. Our group comprises of 4 adults (me, my wife, in-laws) and my 2 children and I was not ready to pay $240 as it is a lot of money and even if I am ready we did not have sufficient time to make a visit. They should introduce a small price ticket to see the building from outside. My wife is now making another plan just to visit Biltmore house sometime very soon. Thank You All for your inputs!!!

Unique Suggestions: AAA seem to be giving reasonable discount and make plans only to visit this house, otherwise it is not worth the money!!

• Written May 17, 2010

Comments

csuresh

“Know Culture, History, Beauty”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Asheville?