"1300-year-old Shiofune Kannon Temple' Azaleas" Day Trip out of Tokyo Tip by AKtravelers
Day Trip out of Tokyo, Tokyo: 50 reviews and 124 photos
....Every year in late April/Early May, the 1300-year-old Shiofune Kannon Temple's grounds come afire with brilliant azaleas blooming on a stadium-like landscape that is focused on a huge standing Buddha. It's worth the hour train ride out to Kabe Station on the Chuo-Ome line and the 25 minute walk that follows. unfortunately, I went on the second weekend of may, so i missed the peak of the azaleas and the fire-walking demonstration the previous weekend, but it was still beautiful.
.....I could write more, but it's probably more amusing to share the description of the place i got from the brochure when i paid my Y300 entrance fee: "Shiofune Kannon Temple is the old historic temple which can stream down the history for 1300 rest of life in now. It is wide, and Shiofune Kannon Temple is known as a temple of the flowers that a flower (an azalea, a hydrangea, a bush clover, a cosmos) of four seasons blooms, and many tourists visit it. In Shiofune Kannon Temple, Saitou-Goma Attendant Walk over firing asceticism ascetic practices are performed on May 3. In addition, the scene that about 20,000 azaleas filling up the precincts became in full blossom is the best... The hiking course is suitable for families, and how will about these institution circulation in the one of the courses when You can gain the favor?"
More Off The Beaten Path in Tokyo (10)
More Reviews (38)
- See All The Best People-Watching City in the...
- See All The Famous Harajuku Girls
- The Edo-Tokyo Museum: Save until the End
- See All Fall in Love with Sumo
- For Long Stays, Get a Suica or PASMO...
- See All Wander the Love Hotel Alleys
- See All Girls Dress Up for 7th Birthday
- Conveyor Belt Sushi: A must!!
- See All Be Careful of Japanese Language T-Shirts
- See All Buy Your Kimonos in Department Stores
- Pack Your Umbrella in July
Been to Tokyo?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels