HARRIS PIANO JAZZ BAR: "WELCOME IN KRAKOW EVENING" Krakow Nightlife Tip by LoriPori
Krakow Nightlife: 220 reviews and 291 photos
May 27, 2010 Krakow
Welcome in Krakow evening! - pre-Euromeet 2010!
TIME: from 8:00 p.m.
PLACE:Harris Piano Jazz Bar at Rynek Glówny 28 [28, Main Market Square] - it's on the western side of the Square (close to it's south-western corner: Wislna/Sw. Anny Street), map here. If you enter the gate at No28, go left through glass door downstairs (steep and long stairs!) to reach underground, medieval chambers/cellars of the bar.
GREAT MUSIC AND ATMOSPHERE: it's the only place/club/bar in Poland with live music concerts played 7 days a week (for 16 years now), and the most important place in Krakow and Poland for every jazz and blues musician. A lot of world jazz and blues stars played there. It's also the place of always great and local atmosphere made together by people and musicians.
DRINKS AND FOOD: their very well-experienced bartenders can make every drink you may imagine including probably the best in Krakow mojito :-)! As for food their offer is limited and you may order food till 11:00 p.m. The bar is open till the last consumer.
GENERAL IDEA: The 6th official Virtual Tourist European Meeting takes place in Krakow on 28-30 May, 2010. We would like to invite those who come a day or more days earlier for the first unofficial pre-meeting in Krakow.
- local meal: the best in Krakow pierogi;
- concert (jazz, fusion) of probably the most talented jazz band in Krakow: Cracow Suffering Band, its leader Mr Dominik Bienczycki (violin) welcomes VT-musicians for jam session :-);
- discount price for local Okocim beer - 7 PLN (ca 1.8 euros, 2.5 USD, 1.6 GBP) per 0.5 l (regular beer price is 9 PLN or... 12 PLN two levels up in another bar);
- we can (after live concert) watch concerts of top world bluesmen and jazzmen on large screens;
- we can also meet local people or other visitors to Krakow as the bar will be only partly reserved for us and will remain open for others (max. capacity is 95 people + 15 bar hockers).
COSTS: 20 PLN (ca 5.26 euros, 7.14 USD, 4.55 GBP) per person paid in cash at the entrance (please, prepare change ready). It includes:
- concert of the jazz band;
- a local meal: home-made pierogi (filled with ground meat, mushrooms and cabbage);
- all taxes.
SOURCE: Mr Pawel Cwalina - artistic manager of Harris Piano Jazz Bar; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Rynek Glowny 28
More Reviews (44)
- See All THE PLANTY - OLD TOWN
- BE PREPARED
- See All KRAKOW TOURIST INFORMATION CENTRES
- See All KRAKOW>LVIV>KRAKOW
- See All CASTLE MUSEUM IN PSZCYNA
LoriPori's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels