The Black Bear Saloon: "Post Movie Drinks & Dessert" Top 5 Page for this destination Milford Nightlife Tip by cjg1

Milford Nightlife: 6 reviews and 12 photos

Warm Apple Crisp

Warm Apple Crisp
      Chocolate Lava Cake
    by cjg1
      Tv screens at every booth
    by cjg1
      Liz waiting for her dessert
      Yum...chocolate lava cake
    by cjg1

After a movie we decided to head to the Black Bear Saloon for some dessert and drinks. The Black bear is a chain of bar/restuarants. This particular location is in the Westfield Mall tight on Route 1 in Milford. They have a large bar area and various seating options in a very large space. The menu has a nice selection of appetizers, burgers, entrees, salads, beer, alcoholic drinks, soda and desserts.

We arrived in the early evening and were seated right away at a booth in the back of the restaurant. Our waitress took our drink order a beer for me and a club soda for Liz. I knew right away from looking at the menu that I wanted the chocolate lava cake for dessert. Liz decided to have the apple crisp.

Our desserts arrived about ten minutes after we ordered and looked delicious. My lava cake had a heaping mound of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on top with drizzles of chocolate sauce. The cake was gooey and warm; so delicious. I finished the whole portion and was absolutely satisfied. Liz's apple crisp was also served witha learge heaping of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream but had caramel sauce drizzled instead of chocolate. She loved her crisp and said it was almost as good as the Cheesecake Factory's version.

This was a nice way to wind down the evening, a good dessert with my wife.

Dress Code: Casual

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated May 3, 2010

More Nightlife in Milford (1)

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Milford?