"From Granada - via Managua - to Pochomil" Granada Transportation Tip by MalenaN

Granada Transportation: 40 reviews and 40 photos

In Granada
by MalenaN

My first intention was to travel from Granada via Jinotepe and El Cruzero to Pochomil, to avoid going to Managua and taking a taxi there to another terminal, but at my hotel they told me it would take a very long time as buses were infrequent. So I took a microbus from Granada to Managua. They leave only a block from Hostal San Angel where I was staying , it took about one hour and the cost was 20 cordobas (July 2009).

The microbuses from Granada stop at UCA in Managua. I thought I had to take a taxi to Mercado Israel Lewites as the buses to Pochomil leave from there. But luckily someone told me that the microbus standing just where I went off the Granada bus was going to Jinotepe and I could take it to El Cruzero where I could wait for the bus to Pochomil (coming from Israel Lewites). That was a good option. To El Cruzero it took 35 minutes and it was 20 cordobas. I was dropped at a bus stop where other people were waiting and there was also a couple of fruit stands there. After waiting less than half an hour the bus to Pochomil came. It took one our and was 12 cordobas. In Pochomil I went all the way to the end stop.

All together the journey took three hours.

Mode: TO
Type: Bus

• Written Apr 24, 2010

Comments

Have you been to Granada?