VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"From Granada - via Managua - to Pochomil" Bus from Granada to Pochomil Tip by MalenaN

In Granada
by MalenaN

My first intention was to travel from Granada via Jinotepe and El Cruzero to Pochomil, to avoid going to Managua and taking a taxi there to another terminal, but at my hotel they told me it would take a very long time as buses were infrequent. So I took a microbus from Granada to Managua. They leave only a block from Hostal San Angel where I was staying , it took about one hour and the cost was 20 cordobas (July 2009).

The microbuses from Granada stop at UCA in Managua. I thought I had to take a taxi to Mercado Israel Lewites as the buses to Pochomil leave from there. But luckily someone told me that the microbus standing just where I went off the Granada bus was going to Jinotepe and I could take it to El Cruzero where I could wait for the bus to Pochomil (coming from Israel Lewites). That was a good option. To El Cruzero it took 35 minutes and it was 20 cordobas. I was dropped at a bus stop where other people were waiting and there was also a couple of fruit stands there. After waiting less than half an hour the bus to Pochomil came. It took one our and was 12 cordobas. In Pochomil I went all the way to the end stop.

All together the journey took three hours.

Mode: TO
Type: Bus

• Written Apr 24, 2010

Comments

Have you been to Granada?