Holiday Inn New York-JFK Airport: "Convenient, comfortable, economical" New York City Hotel Tip by WhiteMughal

New York City Hotels: 1,399 reviews and 1,087 photos

Lots of people streamed in and out while we were there, so we know its popular. Moreover, we found pretty much everything suited us. Nice complimentary breakfast. A/C worked well (we went in August). Staff were eager and helpful. Got time on the rentapc to check on my Yahoo mail and stuff on Orbitz.

One of the key selection criteria was a free shuttle to the JFK terminal. I know there are other ways of going, but they all seemed to involve something I didn't want to deal with. People tout the trains, but would I get a seat? Who would heft my luggage (and my wife's) If such things don't appeal to you, consider any of the many hotels offering free shuttles. Expedia gives you the opportunity to specify that among "amenities".

Wasnt terribly cheap, I admit, but take away the $45 standard taxi fair and it looks better. And riding the shuttle was superior to schlepping our luggage on the Airtrain.

I wouldn't call it a perfect solution, but for neophytes like us, a good start.

Unique Qualities: Free shuttle
Probably fee wi-fi by now
Complimentary breakfast

Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hijfkairport.com/

• Written Apr 23, 2010

More Hotels in New York City (1)

Comments

WhiteMughal

“Save time for noticing rainbows”

Ranked Member

Have you been to New York City?