"OR Tambo - Sandton rail link opens 8 June 2010!" Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Transportation Tip by CatherineReichardt
Johannesburg Transportation: 93 reviews and 82 photos
Good news - Gautrain have confirmed that the rapid rail link between Sandton and OR Tambo international airport will open on 8 June 2010 - just in time for the World Cup!
The pricing is not yet confirmed, but it will certainly be a quicker and cheaper way of getting between the airport and the Sandton CBD (where most of the international standard hotels in Johannesburg are located), as well as avoiding the roadworks.
Can't quite decide whether opening a brand new rail link less than a week before the biggest sporting event that this country has ever known is either extremely brave or certifiably mad - probably a bit of both! If nothing else, it goes to prove that we Jo'burgers are nothing if not brave ...
More Transportation in Johannesburg (29)
More Reviews (180)
- See All Sheer unadulterated gastroporn!
- See All The best place to buy maps and travel...
- See All Jo'burg's all but forgotten Holocaust...
- See All Some tips on parking your car safely
- See All Buying diamonds in South Africa (or...
- See All Boutique hotel conveniently located in...
- See All So, who was this Johannes bloke anyway?
- See All Bowl a maiden over at The Wanderers!
- See All Clubs in Johannesburg
- Sandton Square - much ado about nothing
- Randburg Waterfront now called...
Been to Johannesburg?Share your travels with the world!
CatherineReichardt's Related Pages
Have you been to Johannesburg?Share Your Travels