Club A: "Proper French cuisine with a quirkly element" Saint-Malo Restaurant Tip by annase

Saint-Malo Restaurants: 26 reviews and 57 photos

• Bar - Saint-Malo
  • Starter - Saint-Malo
  • Proper French cuisine with a quirkly element - Saint-Malo
  • Main - Saint-Malo
  • Dessert - Saint-Malo
    by annase

My travel companion and I decided to try the restaurant of the Hotel Antheus called Club A. When we arrived at the hotel earlier we saw a group of French people having late lunch at the restaurant (it was Easter Sunday). There were also a few French couples there in the evening too and we considered it as a good sign: if the locals like it, it must be very good.

I tried to see whether there were any reviews of this restaurant online - either in French or English, but didn't manage to find any. Despite that we decided to go ahead and try it - and it was definitely worth it. The food was absolutely gorgeous. It's proper French cuisine, but also has a quirkly element to it, as the dishes are presented in a less traditional way.

It was Sunday so they were only offering set 3 course menus for 22 euros. I don't often eat dessert so I thought it was a bit silly there wasn't a two course menu available, but then took some cheeses for dessert anyway.

The food was very, very good. I had fish and scallops to start with and then two kinds of fish (salmon and another, white fish) for a main course. I struggled to understand most dishes on their menu, which was only in French so I asked the waiter kindly explain to me what the dishes included, so I was happy to make my choices.

Address: 2, Place George Coudray (Paramé)
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: If you take a taxi, ask the driver to take you to Hotel Antheus in Paramé
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: French

• Updated Apr 9, 2010

More Restaurants in Saint-Malo (1)

“Travel light”

Have you been to Saint-Malo?