Römischer Kaiser: "Good food next to the brewery:" Seligenstadt Restaurant Tip by Trekki

Seligenstadt Restaurants: 4 reviews and 14 photos

My starter - antipasti
      My starter - antipasti
    by Trekki
      My main dish - feta cheese, au gratin
  • - Seligenstadt
  • - Seligenstadt

Following our brewery tour we all had dinner here. This restaurant once belonged to the Glaabs family but they have sold it some time ago to concentrate on brewing only. But it shared the courtyard with the brewery and both have several joint events such as the Hof-Fest in June (courtyard festival) and others, depending on the season.
We all had a starter with several antipasti (main photo), very good. As a main dish I chose feta cheese au gratin with a sauce of tomatoes and herbs. It was also quite good although they had to warm it up, since I was busy talking to our brewery guide. Of course I had Vitamalz instead of beer since I had to drive back home.

I am not sure if I would recommend the restaurant to single travellers or small groups, since it seems to be famous for huge groups, according to their website. When we were there (a group of 25), two other groups also had their dinner there. It is a question of ?taste?, either you like the atmosphere with huge groups as a single traveller or not. The food and dishes are good though.

Oh, of course you can have all the varieties of Glaabs Brewery's beer here.

Favorite Dish: Sorry that I am unable to give any prices. Since we came as group, had made our selections during our meeting day and all was being paid by our company, I don't know the prices. The website does not have a price list either. But I would assume that the prices are average, which means 4-9 Euro for starters, 9-20 Euro for the main dish, depending on the choice.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.roemischer-kaiser-seligenstadt.de/

• Updated Mar 24, 2010

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Seligenstadt?